Monday, August 02, 2010

Confinement

Yeah I know...not in another 5 more months right?
But still, helps to prepare.

Actually I accidentally found myself preparing for confinement especially food until recently due to my RLS.

So I googled for a few stuff under Chinese Herbal Medicine (knowingly my own body works better with au naturel) and since I cant take any banana or liver, I found out that Chinese Red Dates, Longans and Ginger Tea might help with the intake of IRON and POTASSIUM.



And true enough, had very good night sleep for a few days now.

There are a few recipes I love to follow and I found out that its good for nausea during the first trimester as well (now why havent I found this out earlier).

The later is a drink for confinement

Recipe 1

Recipe 2

There is also a website dedicated on Chinese Confinement Food database as well, so I'm gonna try my hands on cooking them once I deliver. Here are some I found googling after reading the articles there.

Stir Fried Fish with Ginger and Spring Onions

Ginger and Chicken Stir Fry 

Eh no confinement lady aa? - Unfortunately Aliya will be schooling here so Mom might take Syasya back to her hometown so I can cater for both Aliya and the new baby.

Scary thought...but will survive.

2 comments:

  1. tq 4 sharing. i cant wait to go buy some...
    asyik minum kat kedai je, bukan susah pun nak buat sendiri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle,

    NP. I left the dates to steep for a whole night esok pagi manis gile but my blood sugar takde spike pun - good news for me, good news for pergo mommies with sweet tooth as well.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Farah Rahim is the co founder of the REAL FOOD movement in Malaysia under the local support group called "HOMEMADE - Air Tangan Ibu" as well as an advocate of managing asthma, allergies and eczema naturally via NaturalAAE. She's the official Malaysia's ambasador of Jamie's Food Revolution. When not an activist she's a Stay at Home Mom to 3 girls who loves nothing but good ol' homecooked meals.