Thursday, May 20, 2010

9 weeks



DH asked me for the first time yesterday, how big is baby #3 now. I said about the size of a prune. Then he went on to say "imagine ~ syasya was the size of a prune before"

(click "Find Out More" button below to read on)


Its the first time he has ever acknowledge baby #3. So I spilled the beans on how frustrating I have been since I found out I was pregnant.

Most men have nothing on their mind except for how much damage its going to cost them when this is over. Then they bring up stuff like, "I have a lot going on at work so I dont need all this when I come home"

"The difference between you and me is that I'm pregnant and you're not. I have a full responsibility to make sure this human being survive. There is so much going on inside of me right now I'm not sure where to begin. Most men think that just because a woman is pregnant, its HER job ~ there is no need for moral support."

He paused. Said nothing. I know it was harsh but if you dont tell they dont know.

and OF course it was an emotional moment. I feel like a single mother so I'm sure I am entitled to feel as such while bursting a bucket of tears that follow suit.

"Men dont read" my mom said in a phone conversation today about some health advice she had to practically read out loud to my dad for him to fully understand where she was coming from.

SO this posting is the start of me telling my husband how I feel (even if he doesnt read this, at least I can pretend he did and I feel better)

Dear Ayang.


This time, the evening sickness was not easy. I feel very useless at times because I cant fully function when I want so bad to function. Sometimes I feel ok other times I feel so down and nauseth


There is a lot going on in my mind at the moment. Since I no longer work, I do not have the luxury of going to a private hospital to deliver and saying "we dont have a choice" is cruel. A better response would be "lets try. If you google, you will read that many moms have had their birth at PPUM and it was a great choice"


At 9 weeks they say that I may start experiencing pregnancy related mood swings and anxiety (which include feelings of depression, emotional liability, self-esteem issues, body image issues and personal feelings regarding control)


Thats why it's a huge help when you asked me how my evening sickness was today. I dont need treats or money or anything. Just a simple "how was your day" can show me, you DO care.


I hope you dont take it so hard when I tell you I cant stand your body ordour or the cooking you do. Most pregnant ladies will tell you its normal and you dont have to take heart.


By this week, you may notice that I feel more bloated and lethargic than ever before. Please dont take this as a sign that I am slacking on the house work. This as well as bloating and gassiness which makes me prone to flatulence and burping.


SO with this I hope you understand that I am not having a field day and that a little kindness goes a long way.

4 comments:

  1. ohh.. this is how preggie moms feel then..
    but i believe moms are really2 strong..

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mista..that u believe is very true indeed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. kak farah..saya dapat merasakannya..sedihkan bile terpaksa hadapi "sorang" walaupun berdua..

    ReplyDelete
  4. dila
    nasib baik ada blogger kan? :D

    ReplyDelete