Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mom Of The Year Award



I came back feeling a bit low but was so happy that ROSE has given me this award. But to receive it I have to answer 2 questions. Fair enuff..here goes.

1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!

Leaving Kakak to live in a remote kampung in Batu Pahat. I think my dad knew that as a new mother I not capable of providing a good solid Islamic foundation for my first born. My dad mati-mati dont want her to become like me :- outgoing, socializing and all the skeletons in my closet (or under my tudung now...) So Kakak kena sekolah agama sampai darjah 3 (mungkin sampai 4 depending on my dad's veto)

I feel awful that I have to have someone else teach her fardu ain and all that. I feel awful that I make excuses when infact I should instil strict observation (in which I say "alah..Kakak kan baru darjah 1 tak payah la pakai tudung" and Kakak will angrily say "Ustazah kata nampak rambut nanti kena bakar kat neraka".

I feel awful that Kakak cries sometimes when she misses me.

I feel awful that she hugs my mother instead of me when she is sick.

...ok stop...sebelum mencurah airmata. Am supposed to not feel awful anymore right?

2. List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.

1. I love taking photos of my kids.
2. They understand that money dont grow on trees...Kakak does anyway, Sya belum tau apa2. She understands perfectly when I say "Mama belum gaji la sayang..."
3. I love to gomoi Sya sampai dia jerit marah
4. Kakak loves my cooking. She would rather have me beli barang untuk buat pizza dari beli pizza itself.
5. I love they way my kids's eyes sparkle when they see me.
6. Sya loves it when I tickle her hips...geli macam bapak dia
7. I love it that my kids love each other and pray they will always do. I had 2 brothers and we werent that close when we were small.

I am only tagging Iza coz I think she's a superb mom to her two boys and Shima - for her recent pledge to teach her kids the Al-Quran and Bahasa Malaysia (she lives in Turkey)...but if you feel that you deserve this award..go ahead by all means!

No comments:

Post a Comment